Spring: the beautiful, bird chirping, flower growing, rain falling season. Now that it is spring, it is time to bring out your lovely spring clothes. And this year it is all about flowery prints and colorful clothing.
A new, popular clothing type is boho-chic. This fashion consists of various bohemian and hippie influences. These clothing styles were very common in the 1960s and are now resurfacing in the 2000s.
How to get the boho chic look in 5 EASY STEPS-
- Clothes – Boho is all about the natural, earthy toned clothing with a splash of color; it’s about being unique and standing out from the crowd. Many of the boho clothing items are baggy, such as flowy skirts and poofy pants (but don’t fret, they do not all have to be poofy or flowy to be boho).
- Shoes – That boho look is all about having strapy sandals that have earthy tones (I have a major shoe addiction and boho chic styled shoes are probably my favorite)
- Hair – Long pin straight hair is what is in style nowadays, but to make it boho chic give a little wave to your perfectly straight hair. The idea is to make your hair appear as natural as possible; whether its naturally curly or even wavy. Braided hairstyles are also considered boho and are really fun to create!
- Accessories – You must always accessorize! There are, bracelets, ankle bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. And it doesn’t stop there! There’s headbands (my favorite being the flower headbands), clips, and belts. The possibilities are endless with accessorizing!
- Make-up – Try to look as natural as possible, meaning no flashy red lips, eyeshadow, or blush. Stay with the make-ups that match your skin tone. Stick with eyeshadows that are earthy tones, such as gold and brown. Let your natural beauty shine 🙂
A well-known store, free people, is a store where you are able to find and buy many of these boho chic clothing styles.
Take a look at our boho chic look: